Small business events are a perfect opportunity to learn new skills, gain industry news, network and so much more! We’ve listed some events that you may be interested in.
Events in NSW
This 40 minute session will help you understand:
- the difference between a hobby and a business
- what to do if your hobby turns into a business
- the most common business structures and the registrations you may need to be in business.
Move Your Business Forward in 2020, hosted by The Business Owners Ideas Network
This event is for business owners of any level. This group is for established entrepreneurs to share successes, challenges and to keep each other accountable toward their business goals.
Workshop: Unlock the Secrets of SEO, hosted by Northern Beaches & North Shore Business Network
Hosted by Jonathan Sharp (Ripple Marketing) and Justin Cooper (BrandPurpose.Co).
This workshop will teach you how to use SEO in a cost-effective way to deliver good results for your business!
Record keeping for small business (GST registered), hosted by Bayside Library
This event is perfect for small businesses who:
- want to learn how to keep records to claim all entitled deductions
- are registered for GST or who are thinking of registering for GST
Learn how to record money in and out of your business, calculate and record GST and receive time saving tips to help you dedicate more time to your business.
Events in VIC
How to start a business workshop, hosted by Sage Business Group
This event will help you create a clear plan for your business.
You will learn:
- What you need in a business plan
- Which business structure best suits your business
- The best finance options for starting a business
- What insurances are required
- Setting up record keeping and accounting systems
- How to register an ABN
Business Hub Melb Networking Group: All about SALES, hosted by Business Hub Melbourne
Business Hub Melbourne regularly hold events for small business owners and entrepreneurs. The February event focuses on sales:
- How to Attract Value Based Sales, by NOT being Salesy!
- The 4 Secret Buying Strategies that people use and how to Identify them!
- The #1 Way to Structure your Sales Offer to make it 100% Irresistible!
Events in QLD
19th Networking Night: Come Along And Join Like-Minded Business Owners, hosted by Business Owners Smashing it Online
The guest speaker for the evening will be Sales Strategist, Consultant, and Coach of Surge Solutions: Andrew Cominos.
In this session, Andrew will teach you “How to Turn Your Online Leads Into More Customers and More Money!” Learn loads of tips and strategies that you can apply to generate get more leads and earn more money.
Small Business Night w/ SOS, hosted by SOS Marketing Australia
If you own an online store this is an event not to be missed! Hear from special guest speakers on how they improved their sales over the past 12 months.
In this session you will learn:
- the difference between a hobby and a business,
- what to do if your hobby turns into a business,
- the most common business structures and
- the registrations you may need to be in business.
Events in WA
Facebook Essentials for Small Business, hosted by RSM Business Local
FREE workshop for small businesses who have a Facebook Page and want to optimise it with hands-on support from a Business Advisor.
Bring your laptop and mobile phone to work through Facebook for business in a relaxed, small class environment. Get and share tips on optimum Page set-up and ongoing engagement to maximise your reach and attract new clients and customers.
1. Facebook Overview – how it works and key stats
2. Page Set-up – checklist
3. Industry Specific Page Settings
4. Page Management – managing notifications, messages, comments, reviews and insights
5. Growing Your Page Likers/Followers
6. Posting – why, how and what your business should post.
7. Facebook Advertising – brief overview
** Registration via Eventbrite is essential to secure your place **
Free Business Advice in Moora, hosted by Business Local – RSM Australia
Book a FREE 1-on-1 consultation (approx 1.5 hours) for guidance on:
- Planning for your business
- Marketing your products or services
- Negotiating a lease
- Taxation, funding and finance matters
- Staffing and HR issues
- and more.
Book your consultation here.
Local SEO: Getting more customers using GoogleMyBusiness [Darwin], hosted by ASBAS Digital Solutions NT – TREETI Business Consulting
To be found by local customers on Google, you need to use Google My Business.
In this workshop you will:
1. Learn to legitimately claim profiles in multiple locations
2. Add the right amount of photos, videos and text to make your profile pop
3. Add posts to keep feeding Google more info about your business so you show up in more searches
4. The 2 tricks that Google has built in to help you generate more links (and traffic) to your website
5. Generate reviews from your customers without looking desperate
This workshop is hands on, so bring your laptop or phone/tablet and follow along.
Your host is Dante St James.